12 January 2011

Jackfruit Jock

Tell me something about an awkward obsession and I'll throw you my own fair share of this whole thing. 
For months, I've been isolated in a remote place. When I say, a remote place I am in the sense of telling you about being detached with all what's happening in the lap of the civilization. But, I guess it gives you a one whole different perception about certain things and it nay also put some of your convictions into test. Weighing the boon and bane of the situation will be a stubborn stuff to do so I am going straight ahead with my thing. I am addicted to JACFRUIT. I mean JACKFRUIT, the humongous, sweet, soft and tasty jack fruit. And to tell you honestly I can consume a one whole 4-kilo as in the whole thing. I can spend my day munching the yellow delight. 
 Here it is, who could resist the tempestuous-feel of having a dose of this munchy little being. I am not pretty sure if over indulgence to this is not a good thing but what I know is this, Jacfruit is:
  • An excellent energy food with only a small amount of fat.
  • May help prevent and treat tension and nervousness.
  • Helps in obesity.
  • Helps prevent constipation.
  • It is also known to help cure ulcers and indigestion.
  • Helps to lower blood pressure because of its high potassium content.
  • Jackfruit is rich in phytonutrients that can fight cancer and slow down degeneration of cells that can lead to degenerative diseases.
  • Jackfruit is a good source of Vitamin C. The human body does not make vitamin C naturally so we must eat foods that contain it.
  • The jackfruit root is a remedy for skin diseases and asthma. An extract of the root is taken in cases of fever and diarrhea.
  • Jackfruit provides a good supply of proteins, carbohydrates and vitamins.
Enjoy the delight..

No comments:

Post a Comment